Friday File: An Italian Opera that plays on





Today's Cima Coppi stage was as dramatic as an Italian opera: sweeping, lyrical, majestic and full of twists and turns...



The unfortunate crash...











"I was following the rest and then I made a stupid mistake and I ended up in the snow bank. My morale is broken. I lost the Giro d'ltalia here."

- Steven Kruijswijk




"In these years, I always saw that in the last days of a Grand Tour anything can happen."

- Vincenzo Nibali




"Tomorrow is a hard day, one of the worse or nastiest. There are three or four of us close together, but I'm going out tomorrow to defend the jersey. If we win, we take the jersey home, if we don't, then that's OK."

- Esteban Chaves





Just when you thought the Shark was out of it, he takes a big bite...








Inur Zakarin...
















Stage 19: 1. V Nibali, 4:19:54 2. M Nieve, 51" 3. E Chaves, 53"

GC after stage 19: 1. E Chaves, 78:14:20  2.  V Nibali, 44"  3. S Kruijswijk, 1:05  4. A Valverde, 1:48"




Tomorrow's stage will decide it...




Comments